About my Blog

Like Food? Then you are in the right place. I love food. I love to see it, smell it, and taste it. I like to try to make it too. This my kitchen and my cooking. It's not always perfect, but it's made with love. Take a peek and try some out. Welcome to The Tiny Kitchen That Could

Monday, December 19, 2011

Whiskey Cream Sauce

Ok, the focus in this post is simply the sauce.

It's something that can go on any type of beef steak.
I used rib eye, because I love the way I can pan cook them.
And the marble of fat makes for some major 'Mmmmms'.

I have never made a sauce to put on my steaks. I usually just eat mine sans a sauce and my husband likes just A1. But when I came across this in Pioneer Woman's Cookbook I decided to give it a try.


What you need:

First melt 2 tablespoons butter and cook the onions til they are nice and brown.
I would have used a white onion, but all I had were purple and I was feeling a little lazy.
Purple ones don't brown as well as the other onions.

Next your going to add the whiskey. I took my pan off the burner, cause I didn't want to catch fire.
Once it evaporates, add the broth and salt and pepper.




Whisk in another tablespoon of butter and let the mixture bubble for 30 seconds.
Turn the heat low and add the cream. Whisk, and add more cream if it looks to thin or brothy.


Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, while you cook your steaks.

When they are done, just spoon some sauce onto the steaks and enjoy!





Here's what you need (make two servings):
  •  3 tablespoons of butter
  • 3 table spoons of diced onion
  • 1/4 cup of whiskey
  • 1/4 cup beef broth
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1/4 cup cream
  • 2 steaks of your choice



1 comments:

MizTori said...

Yum, yum. I have never cooked with liquor, I think I'm scared too. But that looks so good!

Post a Comment