He told me he wanted to make a chocolate cake with yellow frosting. So I got all the stuff and he helped me out. We went ahead and made a box mix this time, but I always add a box of pudding in the same flavor to make it moist and so much more delicious. The frosting, however, is all mine! I have played around with frostings for a while and finally came up with my own, and I like it better than all the others. Get this; no shortening. Not to say it isn't, uhhh, high in that word, but it's better than the cup of shortening most frostings call for.
As I hope you can understand, I did not take pictures of the ENTIRE process. Silly me, I was distracted by my now three year old. So I am going to post a picture of the finished cupcakes I made for Valentines day. They are the exact same recipe, but the frosting was a different color.
The recipe for the frosting is at the bottom! Enjoy!
OK, here is how that frosting is made:
- 2 sticks of butter, room temp
- bag of powdered sugar (2lbs, but I didn't need the whole bag)
- heavy whipping cream
- Mix the butter with the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until you get small pebble size granules.
- Add about a teaspoon to a teaspoon and a half of vanilla.
- Add the cream, a table spoon at a time, mixing thoroughly with each addition, until you get the consistency you want. (because I usually make this the might before I deliver the cupcakes, and I put on cupcakes that are probably still warmer than they should be, I like it somewhat thick, so it doesn't slid right off)