About my Blog

Like Food? Then you are in the right place. I love food. I love to see it, smell it, and taste it. I like to try to make it too. This my kitchen and my cooking. It's not always perfect, but it's made with love. Take a peek and try some out. Welcome to The Tiny Kitchen That Could

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

I never really grew up eating soups, unless I was sick.
And when I was sick, I had a can of soup, nothing homemade.
My family homemade lots of stuff, soup though, was never one.

My husband's family on the other hand, makes soup extremely often.
At first I was not really a fan, in my mind soup was for sick people.
I learned however that soup is the poor man's rich meal.
One batch of soup can last upwards of over a week, depending on how many people your feeding.



And if you freeze individual servings in muffin/cupcake tins, you can have personal soup portions for months!



The most popular soup in my husbands family is Chicken Noodle.

It's fast and simple.
You need:
One whole chicken (the small one)
Chicken stock/broth
Celery
Carrots
Egg Noodles
Seasonings


In my house we have to cook the soup in two different pans, because we don't have a big pan that will fit the whole chicken and all the trimmings.



So the first thing you do is wash rinse the chicken and cut it in half, right down the middle.


Place each half in a pot that is half chicken stock and half water, you want to get to the top of the chicken, or barely cover it.


Add all the seasonings you want. We usually do salt, pepper, Tony's, and a poultry premade mix, along with some other green herbs.


While the chicken is cooking, chop up the celery and carrots. One whole bunch of celery and a bag of baby carrots.
The thinner they are the less they will have to cook.



When the chicken is cooked all the way through, take it out and de-bone it. This is a hot process, and you may want to toss the chicken in the freezer for five min.
To de-bone it, you just pull all the meat off the chicken bones and put back in the broth.
Add the veggies and bring to a boil.



Let boil for a few in, til the veggies are close to finished, then add the Egg Noodles.
Your soup is done when the noodles are!




Here you go!
Perfect with bread and butter too!


Delish!!


1 comments:

julia said...

YUMMY!!

Post a Comment