About my Blog

Like Food? Then you are in the right place. I love food. I love to see it, smell it, and taste it. I like to try to make it too. This my kitchen and my cooking. It's not always perfect, but it's made with love. Take a peek and try some out. Welcome to The Tiny Kitchen That Could

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins

(Original Post June 25, 2011)


Ever get a taste for pancakes, but don’t feel like flipping?
I do. Especially since I always seem to be the one still flipping while everyone else gets to eat the first ones off the pan. If I had a bigger griddle, it would probably be ok. But I have a little one and usually end up frying one pancake at a time to make sure they look decent… which takes for ever.


But not this way. Try these laborless baked pancake muffins. Hmmmmmm… Puffins anyone?


Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins

They are just what they seem, a maple pancake in muffin form.
A FROM SCRATCH maple pancake muffin.

Yum.

The Cast of Characters:
Mix your dry ingredients, set aside.
Then mix up the wet ingredients.
A little bit at a time, stir in the dry mix, and add some mini chocolate chips.
You don't HAVE to add the chocolate, but I highly recommend it.
Chocolate makes everything better.

Now you can spoon the mix on you greased pan, but (this is the only thing I don't like about the mini stuff) it will be messy.
I decided to put my mix in a disposable pastry bag and pipe them into the pan, way faster and cleaner.

Fill them three fourths the way up, but don't worry if you fill them a little higher.
I had to go over quite a few to use all my mix, but still get only 24 (I probably could have made about 30 smaller ones).
And when they come out they are ready to eat.
Plain.
With syrup.
With fruit.
With anything.


Super yummy and very quick to make!



Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins. (By Bakerella)
(Someone please come up with a shorter name for these.)
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Sift together with a wire whisk.
  • In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
  • Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined.
  • Stir in chocolate chips. Reserve a few chips to sprinkle on the tops.
  • Bake for 8-9 minutes.
Makes 24 mini pancake muffins.
Let cool slightly and remove from the pan. You may need to use a toothpick around the edges to separate the pancake muffins from the pan.
Serve immediately with warmed butter if you like or even just with maple syrup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment